Terms & Conditions
MajesticWineCalais.co.uk Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply only to pre-orders placed via the Majestic Wine Calais website, and not to orders placed with Majestic in the UK via the majestic.co.uk website.
- We will not sell alcohol to anyone who is, or appears to be, under the age of 18. By placing an order you confirm that you are at least 18 years old and we reserve the right not to release your order if we are unsure of this.
- We cannot guarantee availability of all products at all stores. In the event that a product is unavailable when you place your order, we shall contact you to arrange replacement, or another acceptable arrangement for the completion of your order.
- We reserve the right not to accept any order.
- Our minimum purchase is 6 standard bottles or their equivalent (9 litres) of wines and spirits, any mix. This minimum purchase does not apply to Gift Solutions packs, which are sold separately.
- The placing of an order anywhere on our website does not constitute a contract, which is made only when you collect the goods and we process payment.
- All goods are offered subject to availability. We cannot guarantee the availability of specific vintages.
- All prices are inclusive of French duty and taxes.
- Promotional offers and prices are as stated, with no further discounts available.
- Prices on the website reflect those anticipated to be in operation on the dates indicated on our website. In the event that prices are due to change between your order being placed and collection we will contact you to explain this.
- Although we endeavour to ensure that all pricing information on this website is accurate, occasionally an error may occur and goods may be mispriced. If we discover a pricing error we will, at our discretion, either: contact you and ask you whether you wish to cancel your order or continue with the order at the correct price; or notify you that we have cancelled your order. We will not be obliged to supply goods at the incorrect price.
- Prices are quoted in pounds sterling based on the exchange rate operational in our stores. This exchange rate applies to cash and cheque transactions only. Credit card transactions are in Euros at a rate set by your card issuer therefore we always recommend paying in sterling cash or cheque. NB you will need to bring Cash or Cheque to secure the GBP prices.
- We are pleased to say that we are now able to accept American Express payments.
- We reserve the right to adjust prices, offers, goods and specifications of goods at our discretion at any time before (but not after) we accept your order. Where an end date is specified on any offer on the website, it is intended as a guide only. We reserve the right to change prices at any time.
- We will provide a full refund or replacement for any wines that are faulty. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- We may require faulty bottles to be returned to us. We will arrange this as necessary at your convenience.
- Majestic Wine stores in the UK cannot exchange or refund any product bought in France.
Cancellations and complaints
- You may cancel your order at any time. Should you decide to cancel, all charges to you will be refunded as soon as the goods are returned in merchantable condition to any of our stores.
- In the event of complaint please contact the store concerned if it refers to a particular order. Alternatively e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org giving as much detail as you can. All complaints will be acknowledged within 48 hours and you can expect a full resolution of your complaint within a further 72 hours. You will be kept informed if there is any delay beyond this. Each complaint will be treated as confidential and will be attended to by a senior manager or director.
- For the purposes of the prevention or detection of offences, and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, we may share any information that we collect with the Police, other public or private sector agencies or representative bodies in accordance with the relevant legislation. Information shared in this way will not be used for marketing purposes.
- This website is operated by Majestic Wine Warehouses Ltd, Majestic House, The Belfry, Colonial Way, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD24 4WH on behalf of Les Celliers de Calais SAS au capital de €38.112,25. Registered address: Siege social: Rue de Judee, Zone Marcel Doret, 62100 Calais, France (RCS Calais B 390 900 215, No SIRET: 390 900 215 00018, TVA: FR48 390 900 215). Les Celliers de Calais SAS and Majestic Wine Warehouses are subsidiaries of Majestic Wine PLC, Majestic House, Otterspool Way, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD25 8WW.
Last revision date: 5 December 2017 (Addition of American Express to accepted payment methods).